The days are getting shorter and the weather is getting colder. Time to up your self care routine to ensure your skin stays feeling youthful and hydrated this winter.
Ever wondered why our skin seems to get dryer in the cooler months? There are a few things that contribute to your skin feeling drier than a desert in winter. First is because we tend to crank the heater up to stay warm. This lowers the humidity in the air and removes any moisture from the air that we usually feel in the warmer months. The cooler outside air comes hand in hand with windy days. This also strips our skin of those oils that usually protect our skin's barrier.
There are also things we seem to do more in winter that affect our skin. It's cold, no one really wants to get out of bed but a hot shower is the best thing to defrost our bodies in the early hours of winter. Surely if we are drowning our bodies in water it can't cause our skin to dehydrate? Actually, the answer is yes! Hot water can cause more damage to our already dry and delicate skin in winter. Because our skin is already compromised from the outside elements we need to be careful with hot showers and baths. Our skin in winter has fewer oils and lipids to help hold moisture so by using hot water in baths and showers this just removes what little we have left.
How can you tell if your skin is starting to become dryer this winter?
There are a few tell tale signs to look for. Sometimes you can experience more than one of these symptoms however with the correct at-home treatments, you can kick these to the curb early this winter.
- Itchiness or irritation: When the skin starts to lose hydration it can cause some irritation in some areas. They my start to feel like the skin is tightening in the area causing the skin to feel itchy
- Redness: As the skin becomes more sensitive due to the skin barrier being compromised, you may experience some redness in addition to being dry and scaly. This is our skin's way of telling us that it’s in desperate need of some TLC. Using harsh products on skin that’s already compromised can cause more unwanted skin concerns. So it’s best to avoid anything that’s too abrasive on the area and opt for more gentle and hydrating products and skincare tools instead.
- Flaking: Skin dandruff isn't a good look, especially when you rub your arm or leg and tiny pieces of dead skin flake right off. If you’ve been one of the unfortunate ones to have experienced skin dandruff, it’s sadly gotten to the stage where your skin is severely lacking moisture. Lucky for you, we have the secret weapon to deliver the smoothest, silkiest skin in the most comfortable, easiest and quickest way yet.
- Cracking skin: This can happen when the skin is extremely dry. For this kind of reaction we need to bring out the supercharged hydration products, but in a gentle way.
- Rough patches: Some people can have areas of skin on their bodies that are a constant and on-going battle in maintaining that silky smooth skin glow. Rough patches need a little extra care when trying to hydrate and bring back to life.
The best way to avoid any of the above symptoms is early skincare prevention. By adding a few extra steps into your daily/weekly skincare routine, you can be well prepared every winter and feel confident your skin will be hydrated and radiant all year round.
Keep Glowing all Season Long!
Luviri's Skin Saver Bundle is the ultimate secret weapon to achieve flawless, hydrated and rejuvenated skin this winter. We’ve packed it with all of our best selling products to ensure your skin is at its healthiest, no matter the season. It features our Double-Sided Exfoliating Glove, Sugar Puff: reusable makeup remover pads, and our Foaming Cleanser.
Essential winter skincare routine to keep you glowing all season long.
This best body exfoliator is gentle on your hands yet tough on rough dry skin. The unique way the viscose fabric is woven means this body exfoliator glove visibly removes dead skin buildup effortlessly. Perfect for removing or prepping for false tans by ensuring all impurities and old tan is removed in seconds.
You don't need to pair this glove with expensive or harsh chemicals to see instant results.
Just follow these simple steps to see how you can achieve your best ever glowing skin.
- Make sure your skin has been soaking for at least 3-5 minutes in warm water. This can be in a bath or shower.
- Be sure to wash away any soaps, moisturiser, shampoos or conditioners before use of the exfoliating mitt. Any residue left on the skin can affect the end result.
- Step away from the water. Wet your glove once on your hand and squeeze out any excess.
- Start on your driest areas first. Using firm pressure in a back and forth motion glides over the skin at least 3 times before moving onto the next area.
- You may start to see your dead skin rolling off. This however depends on the individual's skin type. Not everyone will experience visible dead skin removal however this doesn't mean you won't get a deep exfoliation.
- Once you are happy with the level of exfoliation carried out in warm-cool water.
- Pat skin dry and apply your favourite moisturiser or body oils.
You will instantly see a change in the texture and feel of the skin after use. By applying your skincare products straight away while the skin is only towel dried and still damp your products will be absorbed deeper into the skin. You will notice over time you will need to use less skin moisturising lotions and oils as the skin hydration levels improve.
If you are someone who suffers from uneven skin tone or stretch marks you will see an improvement and tightening of these areas when used 1-3 times a week, over a few months. The instant blood flow that is stimulated during the exfoliation process helps to detoxify your skin and improves the production of collagen and elastin, which results in a more youthful appearance.
The only areas you should avoid using the exfoliating glove for body are areas of broken skin, open wounds or cuts, and sensitive areas like the face and those delicate and intimate areas.
These reusable water-activated makeup remover pads are magic! Unlike the cheaper and generic remover pads available, ours are made with quality materials.
They remove all traces of makeup, oils and impurities from the skin with just water alone. They are created with a soft sponge in the middle for extra softness and comfort on the skin wrapped in microfiber material. Micro fibres are a well known and used material that are made up of tiny micro fibres thinner than natural silk. These fibres are the finest forms of textile fibre on the market today. Because the fibres are woven so closely together this gives a deep clean to the skin while also being strong and durable. It has a silky soft feel on the skin and is ultra absorbent making it perfect for your cleansing routine.
How to use our Sugar Puffs:
- Wet Sugar Puff with warm water and squeeze out any excess
- Gently glide over the skin using firm pressure
- Rinse out the sugar puff and repeat if necessary
If you're after a deeper clean, pair the reusable face pads with a pump of our foaming cleanser. Afterwards rinse with an anti bacterial wash or throw into the washing machine to be re-use daily. Sugar Puffs Reusable makeup remover pads Australia replace hundreds of makeup remover wipes a year making them much more environmentally friendly. With the extra benefit of lightly exfoliating your skin in the process of makeup removal you will notice a brighter complexion after use, plus your other skin care products will be able to penetrate deeper into the skin.
Don't let the name fool you, this gentle velvety smooth cleaning foam isn't just a Eyelash extension wash. This Cleanser is pH balanced and can be used on any skin type to give a deep yet gentle clean. You would have heard many times about ph levels in skin.
Why is it important to have a PH balanced cleanser when shopping for your ideal skin cleanser? Ph levels in your skin keep the skin healthy and protected. Our skin's natural PH level sits around the 4.5-5.7 on the slightly acidic side of the PH scale. Pure water sits around the 7 on the scale so anything below 7 is considered acidic, anything above is considered alkaline. If you use skin care products that have a too high or low PH level you can strip the barrier of the skin causing inflammatory skin care conditions such as acne, rosacea, eczema, and psoriasis. These can also speed up the ageing process by damaging the skin.
Our foaming lash cleanser is created with a ph level of 5.5 making it the perfect match for our skins PH levels.
When creating this lash shampoo we needed the formula to be completely oil free so it could be used with many salon lash and brow treatments as well as prolonging the life of your luxury false lashes.
There are many different ways to use our cleanser:
All Over Facial Cleanser:
- Take one to two pumps on a damp skin and work into the skin\
- Remove with warm water or damp sugar puffs
- Repeat steps for a deeper clean. It is always best to do two cleanses, one to remove skin care or makeup from the face, the second to remove impurities and really clean the skin
- Take ½ a pump to 1 pump of cleanser to your lash cleansing brush, spoolie, or fluffy eyeshadow brush
- Work into the lashes using light circular motions. Starting at the base of the lash line and working your way to the tips of the lashes
- Repeat this process until the water runs clear
- Rinse wait for lashes to dry then brush with your diamond lash spoolie. You can also use a cool hand held fan or a cool setting on a hair dryer to speed up the drying process
By using these winter skin care tips paired with your favourite aftercare products you can ensure your skin will be glowing all winter long. Say goodbye to dry dehydrated skin and hello to soft perky hydrated touchable skin.